Aquired yt6800 few question

overtheedge1010
So i picked up an old yt6800 not sure of what year or how to figure it out, but it was free.
The guy removed the deck for some reason and belts and let the thing sit. After cleaning the fuel system out, changed all the fluids etc... I got her to fire up and run.

Now my question is about the drive belt, I found a diagram on your site to figure out the routing but it seems that there should be a linkage between the tensioner and the brake lever, but one is not shown on the diagram. Shouldn't it act as a mechanical clutch when you apply the brakes? Am i missing a linkage/spring?

Also i am going to use this as a tow vehicle to move trailers and project vehicles, can i remove the clutch pulley that drives the deck, just below the drive pulley on the crank? I won't be sourcing a deck or putting one back on.

Re: Aquired yt6800 few question

rattosh51