Battery goes dead

jjkrug
On my YT3600, the battery will go dead if left for 2 or 3 days. It's new battery in good shape. If I unplug the wires to the ignition sensor and alternator, it does not go dead. Obviously something is draining the battery. Is there a way to test the alternator and ignition sensor either on or off the tractor?

Does anyone know how to get a service manual?

Thanks

Re: Battery goes dead

YamahaMan
I found luck with a company in Pennsylvania who used to be a Yamaha Dealer and apparently they still have some things in stock and if not can stillo get the parts. They are called Canns-Bilco Distributors. I have a YS-828 my self and they have helped me out so many times there number is 1-800-811-0285. Frank

Re: Battery goes dead

davepasch
When I could get service they told me that alot of the electrical plugs could be cleaned . Battery corrosion ect. My wiring shorted out on yt6800. Always had to charge it before mowing . Low batt = no blade drive . It doesn't need a batt to run just start . Mine is now rewired without charging capacity . Runs better than ever . Elect clutch needs battery . Motor runs on magneto coils only wire that goes there is shutoff. I will still be charging it some just not every time. Dave