Engine Won't Stop

billsfanbob
My YT6800 engine won't stop when I turn off the key. I currently stop the engine by pulling off a spark plug cap but would like to fix it right. Any advice where I should look first?

I replaced the TCI Coils 3 years ago and it was shortly after that when this started happening (although not right away).  Perhaps I disturbed a wire somewhere during that repair?

Re: Engine Won't Stop

pauln
Hi, when you turn the key off, it grounds the coils from a wire that runs from each coil (black/white wire in my 6700 wiring diagram). My guess is that your switch is not making that connection when you turn the key off.  If you can trace the B/W wire and try grounding it while the engine is running you can verify. Let us know what you come up with.