Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

rattosh51
"installed the right coil in the wrong direction"
Great find Ytee...the simple things can really set you back, but this is probably pretty common when installing a new coil.
Good to know!!

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

Rich from Pgh.

Paul, thanks for the tip.   This coil works great. This tractor is to good to scrap.     Great job.  Thanks  Rich

DW

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

DW
hi i know this is an old post but i bought the same coil you bought and am a little confused on where the small wire on the coil goes. looks like the left side small wire splices into it. thanks, Denny

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

pauln
Denny, if I recall correctly, the wire on the coil goes to the ignition switch.  The ignition switch grounds that wire to make the coils not make spark or else to make spark (again can't remember which - sorry).  The coils used on these mowers don't have a trigger wire from a crank sensor or points to time when the spark occurs.  Instead, as the flywheel magnet passes past the coil, internal circuitry inside the coil senses the voltage increase in the primary winding and cuts the power at the right time to induce the secondary coil to make a spark.  The external wire is just there as a way to turn on and off the spark so you can shut the mower off.

It would be easy to check - just hook a wire to the coil connection and then ground or not ground that wire and see which way you get spark.

At least, that is the way I understand it.  Someone else may be able to further clarify.  When I get out to use my mower again, I will try to follow the coil wires to verify.  Hope this helps.
DW

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

DW
thank you very much for the reply. the new coil should be here today. i'm just a little concerned about the connection of the wire on the new coil. the old right side coil has a spade terminal with the wire going to the left coil spade terminal. looks like they just hook up on the spade terminals from one coil to the other one. the new coil looks like the spade terminal has been replaced with a longer wire with a spade terminal on the end. just would not want to hook them wrong. can't believe how well this mower ran on one cylinder. could not get spark on the right cylinder and good spark on the left  cylinder. hope the new coil solves this. once again thanks for your input. Denny

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

cr250
Just pull the wire off the new coil, connect the wire from the tractor.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.
DW

thanks for the reply. not sure you can just pull the small wire off, although i have not seen the coil up close but the picture shows the small wire coming from the coil.  i think i can just run the wire from the new coil over to the other coil. thats what it looks like now. the stock coil wire from the right side goes over to the left side coil and plugs into the spade terminal. i just don't want to fry something.
DW

got the new coil today and installed it and the machine runs super good.figured out the wires. life is good again. i'm gonna have to learn about this machine like i did for my other mowers. just takes a while. thanks again for your advice.   Denny

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

pauln
Not sure if a wiring diagram has been posted before, but it might help those without an owners manual.  I scanned it as both a .jpg (on this page) and a pdf (attached).  Related to the wire from the coils (B/W), it does go to the ignition switch and when the switch is off, B/W goes to ground (B).  So, grounding that wire stops the coils from making spark which allows the engine to be shut off.  Hope this helps.

Yamaha YT5700-6700 Wiring Diagram

Yamaha_YT5700_YT6700_Wiring_Diagram.pdf

Yamaha_YT5700_YT6700_Wiring_Diagram_Full_For_Nabble.jpg
DW

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

DW
thanks Pauln. yes i saw where that wire sneeks under the coil to the ign. switch. install went good. thanks for the diagram,i'll use it.  Denny

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

bilgrotie
THE manual says .016 to .024, .

Re: Found substitute for TCI Ignition Coils

Jason
Hey rich,, I was wondering if you still had your Yamaha mower,  and would be willing to give me some advice with mine? My cell number is 6073686785. Thanks in advance

Technical Help

rosezula
If you're worried about the security of your computer and thus the security of your personal information and are looking to buy for antivirus software so on protect yourself from today's sophisticated threats, you'd possibly be surprised to seek out out that it likely isn't going to provide the protection you'd like . While i'm a firm advocate for having security software running on all computers, there are some belongings you bought to recollect of before you allow and buy antivirus software.  Garmin.com/Express | Rand McNally GPS Update | Garmin Update | Rand McNally Update | Garmin.com/mapupdates | Norton.com/nu16 | Norton.com/setup

Norton Login

olivia99
Norton login is one of the easiest platform that allows you to manage products download Norton antivirus and protect your device from online threats.
Norton Account
Norton Setup

AOL Mail

olivia99
AOL Mail serve all the emails in your account, with aol email will get all updates on your mails promptly by creating aol account. AOL Account AOL Gold Download

Re: AOL Mail

olivia99

Garmin Gps Update

garmin_gps
We know the value of Garmin Gps Update and keep reading good content about the same. I found this blog very informative and it increased my understanding about garmin update to a great extent. You can use Garmin Map to get Garmin lifetime maps update or call +1-888-309-0939 for instant help from Garmin GPS experts.

Linksys Router Login

olivia99
The Linksys router web interface is the place where all the router settings are stored for example connectivity, wireless, security, etc. For making changes to the default settings, you need to login to your Linksys router. Also, you can change your router password after signing into your account. Once you have logged in, you will be able to adjust all the available settings according to your preference. Further, you can log in to your Linksys router in two ways- login with your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account or by using the IP address of your router. If you intend to log in from Linksys Smart Wi-fi, you need to create an account first. Check out the following links for more info!
Linksys Router Login | Linksys Router Setup | Linksys Extender Setup

Roadrunner Email

olivia99
Roadrunner Email is an exceptionally reliable and lightning-fast webmail service. This world class web-based communication solution is available as part of Time Warner Cable’s Internet Service. However, lately it has been overtaken by Spectrum Services. This free-of-cost webmail service is highly versatile and efficient. Besides, this user-friendly messaging solution is fully protected with laser-sharp security protocols. Not only that, Roadrunner Email is packed with some of the most effective and beneficial features. Check out the following links for more info!
TWC Email | Roadrunner Email | RR.Com Webmail

AOL Mail

olivia99
AOL Mail is a leading, user-centric messaging service that is highly versatile and reliable. It is a fully secure web-based messaging platform available in 54 languages. This well-integrated portal allows you the liberty to access your Email Service from any Internet-based Device. For instance, desktops, laptops, mobile devices etc. In short, you can avail it from any location at any time. Check out the following links for more info!
AOL Mail | AOL Sign In | AOL Mail Sign In | AOL Gold Download | AOL Account | aol.com login
123