In need some advice

electrotech
Hi guys, I have the opportunity of getting a YT3600 for free.  I have yet to see it but I am told that the seat is completely dry rotted and one of the tires is flat.  It has been sitting for three years unused.  My questions are:
1.Is the 3600 too far gone to repair after sitting for three years?
2.  After draining out the gas and changing the oil, are there any other things I should do before trying to start it up.
3.  How do I tell what year it is and how much it is worth?
4 Where is the best place to get a new seat and how much do you think a new seat will cost?
I appreciate any advice you guys can give...  Thanks,

Re: In need some advice

rattosh51
Free is always worth a chance. These mowers are pretty tough, and you should be able to bring it back to life. I don't think the seat is available anymore, but a universal one should work on it. I would definitely take the carb off first, and clean it out, and also change the hydro oil (10w30 for engine and hydro).
If you look down the list of posts, there are parts suppliers listed that you can look up parts drawings and availability. These mowers were made between 1989-1991.