Looking for your opinion on the Yt 6800

dr_alex
Hi everyone,
Just bought our first house and since theres a nice and big lawn, we went looking for a good used tractor. We found this one. A Yamaha Yt 6800 that seems to be in good condition. They ask 875$ for it. It has never been used before 2004, as it was owned by a Yamaha retailer who simply left it in a warehouse before selling it to the actual seller.

Any comments on the model would help.

Thanks

Re: Looking for your opinion on the Yt 6800

rattosh51
What a fantastic find!! Definitely well worth the price. You will probably get quite a number of years of
service out of it. The only downside of these tractors are that parts are getting harder to find, and some are no longer available. But that one is basically new yet. The biggest concern would be if it has been serviced after sitting that long, as gaskets tend to dry out after sitting for years. Remeber that these were made between 1989-to 1991 only, so beware of any leaks. Even older, well used ones still go for $400-500 simply for parts. Talk to the seller and find out everything you can on it, but I would go for it.

Re: Looking for your opinion on the Yt 6800

dr_alex
Thanks for the advice! I was not expecting such a fast and helping response today.
I will ask about the gaskets. Makes sense of course.

I'll comment later on how's been the "driving test"... lol

Re: Looking for your opinion on the Yt 6800

supercub
Good luck with the 6800, It will give you many years of trouble free service if it is like mine! P.S. if you decide that you dont want it I'll take it!    supercub...