Loss of power Yamaha YT3600

Dirtbag
I posted a thread back on May 3,2010 with the same subject.  The governor was holding the throttle wide open with the PTO engaged, yet the engine was unable to build rpms.  I had rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the fuel line and filter, tested the fuel pump, yet no improvement.

I checked the compression and the valve clearance.  Everything seemed fine.  What I didn't consider is that neither of these checks verify that your valves are opening properly.  In my case, the intake valve cam lobe was wore down .225 which allowed the valve to open about 1/16".  The exhaust valve cam lobe was still perfect.  Apparently, the intake cam lobe wasn't heat treated properly.

I rebuilt my hydrostatic drive recently.  It's a BDU-10S and a good resource for rebuilding it can be found by searching under (BDU-10/21 Hydrostatic Transmissions Service and Repair Manual).  Also, I found that Sears has a model that uses the BDU-10S.  The only part that I ordered from them that didn't fit my Yamaha was the gasket.  Apparently, their aluminum housing is a little different near where the filter is.

Re: Loss of power Yamaha YT3600

tyree
I need a starter or my old one rebuilt,  I have had no luck around my area  central fl.  because the guts of it are shot.  do you have any suggestions?

Re: Loss of power Yamaha YT3600

Daffoml
If you have the part number, I would look on Ebay, lots of stuff goes through there, I see lots of 6700/6800 parts, don't know if the starter is interchangeable or not.

Re: Loss of power Yamaha YT3600

tyree
I have checked Ebay and  every google hit I can find for a long time,  I was hoping some one knew,