My yt3600 tractor started to blow blue smook while running

My yt3600 tractor started to blow blue smook while running

Issie

Re: My yt3600 tractor started to blow blue smook while running

Meofouse
What's "smook"?
If you mean smoke it could be a number of things. Did it lose power when that happened? Does it still run? Does it still start easliy?

Re: My yt3600 tractor started to blow blue smook while running

rattosh51
Blue smoke is usually oil, black smoke would be too much gas.
Probably needs new rings.

Re: My yt3600 tractor started to blow blue smook while running

mtviews
could be as simple as operating on a slope..happens with my tractor somtimes if the left side of the tractor is higher..caused by oil level in crankcase...check oil level if oil level is too high may also be problem.
I troubleshoot for easiest and cheapest possible reason for problem..if this doesen't help plan on more money and possible rings of engine rebuild..

Re: My yt3600 tractor started to blow blue smook while running

rattosh51
Good point MT, on the oil level.
I know on the 6800 engine, you have to check the oil level with the cap unscrewed and sitting
on top of the dipstick tube to get a correct reading. Does the 3600 have anything like that?

Re: My yt3600 tractor started to blow blue smook while running

mtviews
on a level surface check the dipstick while engine cold...check several times since the dipstick may not be all the way in so check a few times...may consider an oil change to see if it improves...I think 10 w 30 is recomended not sure of amount...good luck