Need speed

Jcole405
I know this topic has lightly been touched upon but there has to be a way to make my 3600 faster without running the engine WOT. Has anyone had any luck with this? I have about two acres and normally use my zero turn but I got a 3600 from my granddad who was the original owner. Been toying with the idea of making a sort of functional race mower but can't bring my self to tear the mower to do it considering it's is immaculate. So I just want a little more go.

Re: Need speed

Bob N
I think there was a plastic sleeve on the pin that moves the fork for forward and reverse. My 3600 had lost speed in both directions and developed some play in the lever between forward and reverse. I could see in there that the pin had some wear on it where it rubs on the fork.After taking it apart, there was part of a plastic sleeve still on the pin. But now it just looked like a washer and did not ride in the fork any longer. So I replaced it with a brass sleeve, but aluminum, or plastic would also work. This took the play or lost motion out of the lever and now the mower responds better in both directions. There are also some stops on the top of the hydraulic motor that can be adjusted to allow more movement in both directions. The dimensions of my sleeve were .400" long, .180" ID, and .415" OD. It is held in place with a flat washer and a cotter pin. There are several linkages in the forward reverse shifting mechanism, but it was pretty easy to get off and back together. Four 12 mm nuts removed the parts I needed.