Oil leak on a YT5700

satch
Hi all,

I am new to the forum, but am looking forward to being a part of it.

I have removed the engine from my YT5700 and have located an oil leak.  It appears to be coming from where the shaft to the clutch enters the engine.  I would suspect there is a seal here that needs to be replaced.

Does my diagnosis seem right?  Does anyone have a copy of the manual that they could send me the instructions (and pictures?) on how to fix this?  How does one remove the clutch?  It has a bolt on the bottom, which does not seem to want to come out easily.  Most other things like this have a backwards thread, but before applying too much force and possibly breaking the bolt, I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for any help you may give me!

Re: Oil leak on a YT5700

rattosh51
Satch,
 I am not familar with the 5700, but here is where you can find a nice parts breakdown of the
engine, etc. I believe your diagnosis is correct, as well as the backwards threads. Good luck with it.

Re: Oil leak on a YT5700

rattosh51
...forgot the link...

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-lawn-tractor_model16702/