Oil leak

FrankenHusky
I finally got the YT6800 running. I’m installing it into a Husqvarna lawn tractor. Yuk I know but I had no choice in the matter. It’s been a struggle
but it’s finally in and running. It has some issues at the moment. Rough idle and oil leak.
The idle is carb related as this engine has sat for at least ten years. I’ll clean it up after I get the oil leak resolved.
This leak is on the oil filter side of the engine, under the cylinder right where it joins the crank case.
Not being familiar with the engine, is there something I should be aware of or is this a fatal condition.
Otherwise; even in its current condition this engine drives the Husky crazy. 😁

Re: Oil leak

cr250
Crankcase gasket, I just did 1, Replace the oil seal at the same time. Another thing with these, the Governor is a plastic gear, They are on backorder, I would suggest replacing that as well,I'm finding they are getting old and brittle when they come apart they are causing the engine to overspeed and destroying the engines, on both the 2cyl and singles. Oh ya, good luck getting a gasket.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.