PTO switch YT6700

bubba40
This spring as I was taking the tractor out of storage I found that the PTO switch toggle is broken off.

I used the parts link to powersportspro.com provided by rattosh51 and I think I found the part.

I called them yesterday but they had no additional information about the switch. So before I spend the $51.57 on the switch that might be the correct one I thought I'd post here and see if anyone else has been down this road before.

After navigating to 1990 YT6700P page I selected the "electrical 1" drawing and parts list.

Here is a partial list of the parts available in the "electrical 1" drawing:

23  SKU: JA1-82510-01-00
MAIN SWITCH ASSEMBLY 1 $56.26

24  SKU: JE8-83530-00-00
PILOT LIGHT ASSEMBLY (backordered) 1 $19.63

BULB (12V-3.4W T-10) 3 $5.65

26  SKU: JA1-87280-01-00
SWITCH, SELECT 1 $51.57

27  SKU: JA1-82520-01-00
LIGHT SWITCH ASSEMBLY (JA1-8252

Here is the drawing, I think it is part number 26:

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: PTO switch YT6700

rattosh51
bubba40,
 Yes, that should be the right one. Would be nice if the drawings were a bit larger. I think you can go by
process of elimination there, main (key) switch, light switch, switch with no name (pto)...
I had to replace mine a year ago as it was broken off too...but I paid a lot more for the switch. That was before I found those websites. Here's another one for parts, but I think you have to email them.

http://www.canns-bilco.com/store.asp?pid=18749&catid=19835

Re: PTO switch YT6700

bubba40
Thanks for the help. Looks like you can call the canns-bilco people so I will try that tomorrow.

Re: PTO switch YT6700

bubba40
I called Canns-Bilco yesterday. The person in the parts department was helpful and knowledgeable. They have the switch in stock for $47.25. I ordered one and it should arrive in a few days. I should be good to go. Thanks for the help rattosh51.

Re: PTO switch YT6700

rattosh51
No problem...I've found Canns-Bilco to be very competitive on pricing, and very helpful also. Anytime you can get a better price, is a good day.