Part out or Sell

Chevellion1
Hello all -

i am new to the forum. i inherited a yt6800 when we bought our house in 2005 from some people who retired to Arizona. it has been a great mower but it was time to upgrade. I'm tossing around many ideas on what to do with it. i have read threads on here in the past to fix some minor issues on the tractor and it seems like the Yamahas are a pretty sought after mower?? Everything works on it, but could use a tune up.

Looking for some feedback on what to do. Is it worth more parting out or trying to sell outright? It is in average condition. the shift lever guide is broke and one of the bogey wheels on the deck needs to be welded back on. Other than that, just normal wear and tear for a 20+ year old mower.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Re: Part out or Sell

nascarjay
First of all, where are you
ocated at?  I might be willing to buy the complete mower. Also the parts are pretty costly but so are other top line newer mowers. As example, say a cub cadet starter is about the same as a yamaha starter as far price. The thing is the yamaha parts are much harder to come by.  A good running YT6800 can run between 300 and 1000 and if you were to part it out you would most likely get closer to the 1000, but it would also be over longer period of time.
If you are to far away from me I would be interested in the rotor, and the TCI units, and the coils. I live in Michigan.
I have two YT6800's and one needs a rotor, but the other one runs very well. Always looking for another one or parts.
If you like to discuss selling these parts or complete mower just reply to me here, I check on here about once a week.
Thanks
Jay

Re: Part out or Sell

YamaWidow
I too would be interested in the whole tractor! If not, can have a parts list ready for you anytime!

Re: Part out or Sell

Chevellion1
Hi Jay -

i am located in Moorhead, Minnesota. i can get a discount for truck shipping through work. if you give me your zip code, i can get a quick quote and see what it would be to ship to you.

Thanks.

Re: Part out or Sell

bill griese
Hello- I could be interested?  Where are you located?

Please reply to Justblaz57@yahoo.com

Thanks, Bill

Re: Part out or Sell

Do you have any pics you could post of it?
I'm in St. Paul...how much do you want for it?
Thanks

Re: Part out or Sell

Chevellion1
Hello - sorry for the late response. we had a close friend pass away a few weeks ago and kind of forgot about this. I tried to upload pictures but for some reason it won't work. if you have an email address i can try to send to you that way.

I did some work to it and it starts and runs great. I also ordered a shift guide and am hoping to get it in the next week. I am also having my neighbor weld the bogey wheel back on.

I would like to get $700 or reasonable offer. I will be coming down to Minneapolis Labor Day Weekend to go to Valley Fair. If it works out, I could bring down for a little bit extra.

Thanks.