Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
Parting out my YT6700 or will sell as whole. Complete - was my weekly mower up until this past Friday. Currently having some electrical issues with it and I know that parts are hard to locate which is the reason that I selling. Make me an offer.
Located 50 miles North East of Twin Cities Minnesota

Re: Parting Out YT6700

rattosh51
abrandt--
 Have any pics of the unit?
What electrical problems are you having?
May have an interest-I'm in St. Paul.
Thanks,

Re: Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
I'll take some pictures when I get home from work. It ran great up until Saturday when I stopped Mowing and shut it off with the PTO engaged (which I have never done before)- then 20 minutes later went back out and turned the key to start it back up again and got nothing... like the battery was completely dead. Checked the battery, wiring and played around with the switches - tried jumping from the battery directly to the starter bypassing the relay with the key in the ON position - still nothing. no clicks, battery light or anything. Tested and Battery is good. Any suggestions? I know others on this forum have had similar issues from what I have read...

Re: Parting Out YT6700

rattosh51
Only things that come to mind are the seat switch and brake safety switch being on when starting (sitting in seat and pressing brake pedal at same time), and I'm sure you've already had the PTO turned off...

Re: Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
I know it has been mentioned that by jumpering the grey and black wires bypasses the seat safety switch - is there also a way to do this for the brake safety switch? I am not too good with engine electrical problems.,....

Re: Parting Out YT6700

rattosh51
Pretty sure it's the same thing for the brake switch too, although I'm not sure on the color wires. Basically, when you press the brake pedal down, it will turn the switch on, allowing the electrical connection to complete when turning the key.
I don't know exactly where the switch is located, but it should be somewhere on the brake pedal shaft, under the floor.
The shorting of the switch just makes it act like it is on. Same for the seat. Sometimes the actual switch is bad, but most of the time, there is corrosion in the connector plug, or the switch itself needs to be adjusted so that it will actually turn on when pressed, as they will work themselves loose over time. Check the whole switch wiring, as sometimes there are connectors that get corrosion in them too from washing, etc. These tractors are at the age where electrical problems will start showing up at odd times. wires get old and brittle over time, especially being exposed to heat.

Re: Parting Out YT6700

rattosh51
Here's some of the parts drawings for the 6700--
Note that there is also an inline fuse in the wiring harness...#9 in the Electrical 1 drawing. That should be checked too.

http://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/#/l/yam/5003a2b1f870021f60a1266e/1990-yt6700p-parts

Re: Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
Thanks for the help. I will work on it this evening and report back what I find.

Re: Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
Sorry for the delay - I did finally find the issue. It was a bad Twenty Amp Fuse and some corroded wiring that caused this. Once the wiring and battery terminals were cleanup and the fuse replaced it started right up. The odd part of it is that the fuse seemed Okay when I tested before so I think the main culprit was the corrosion in the wiring ends that the fuse is plugged into.

On a separate subject does anyone know where to locate Mower Blades that fit? I would prefer not spending $45 per blade if at all possible.

I will be holding on to my Yamaha through the end of this summer before selling - so if interested let me know.

Re: Parting Out YT6700

Robert kern
so  I emailed you earlier and did not receive a reply, we are looking for a pulley for the deck please let me know

Re: Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
I have decided to keep my Tractor so not parting it our at this point. Thanks for checking.

On Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:53 AM, Barb kern [via Yamaha Lawn Tractor Fan club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

so  I emailed you earlier and did not receive a reply, we are looking for a pulley for the deck please let me know

http://yamaha-lawn-tractor-fan-club.996269.n3.nabble.com/Parting-Out-YT6700-tp2079p2105.html
To unsubscribe from Parting Out YT6700, click here.
NAML

Re: Parting Out YT6700

rattosh51
abrandt-
Glad you got the problem figured out.
Hope it provides more years of mowing!!
Some older posts may mention blade replacements, but I haven't found that many non-OEM ones that are direct fit, but you would think there should be.

Re: Parting Out YT6700

cr250
Barb, I can help you with the pulley, which one?
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Parting Out YT6700

Robert kern
It is the double pulley on the mower deck, there is only one. Lawnmower is the 6700. We are located in northern Minnesota and are willing to drive or ship if you are in state. Thanks

Re: Parting Out YT6700

jack lloyd
I am looking for a throttle cable for yt6700.any help,thanks jack,you can call 315-360-3978

Re: Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
I decided not to part it out as it is still in very good condition and runs great. I have it for sale as a whole Tractor for $400 if you are interested in buying it.

Re: Parting Out YT6700

abrandt
Whole Tractor for sale for $300 if interested

Re: Parting Out YT6700

casscounty
     Is this tractor still available?