Parts

Mikey_1980
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Parts

beulahcutter
Hi..I am in UK and have successfully got parts from Carters of Swanick i think they are in Southampton...but if you have a look on e bay today under ride on mowers there is a YT3600 unit that may run cheap enough to make for spares...?

Good hunting and let us know how you get on?

Stuart

Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: Parts

Mikey_1980
Hi there, thanks for the info, I don't suppose you have the ebay link I can't seem to spot it.

Re: Parts

beulahcutter

Re: Parts

beulahcutter
how did you get on with e bay... i see  it went for £360ish?
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: Parts

Mikey_1980
Yeah, I only paid £325 for mine so thought it a bit excessive to buy that one just for parts.  I have stripped it down to the bear bones and am just in the processing of greasing and cleaning everything.  I managed to get some of the parts i needed from a US company for a 1/4 of thre price anyone in the UK would quote so am just waiting for them to arrive.  I need some new deck wheels but the price on those is expensive so I am just rigging something up with some inline skate wheels and new brackets, there was a split in the deck but I have welded this up perfectly.

My main issues is trying to get a grass catcher, or rig something up, when I have solved this it will be perfect.

I have tried all the parts suppliers but it is obselete so my only hope is finding someone who's YT3600 has gone to Yamaha heaven and would sell it to me, anyway I have my fingers crossed.

Re: Parts

beulahcutter
Glad to hear that you got a good deal from US. Also that you managed to improvise on wheels.

On the grass catcher front I had thoughts about leaving mine off/making for sale as it doesn't go through my gates as all bolted up it's just too wide.... I decided just for now to keep hold / refurbish it and then make those gates a tad wider; will bear you in mind though should anything change. Currently trying to get some good advise on fault fixing my Atco B30 cylinder mower with a Tecumseh Engine. This is the only thing I have that does go through the gates and picks up the grass!

Again, have you tried e bay for a drag behind unit that's not PTO driven...have seen some listed in past few months not expensive

Stuart
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: Parts

Mikey_1980
I did look at one of the tow behind units, having spoken to some people however they are great on leaves and things but not that good on grass, especially if you are mowing regularly.

At present I am trying to knock something together with some guttering and cathcher bag netting but don't seem to be able to get enough force up the piping to be sucessful, trail and error will perservere I hope.

I have set hundereds of ebay alerts up so hopefully I will get lucky.

What problems are you having with your tecumesh engine?

Re: Parts

beulahcutter
Good luck with the guttreing project.

Tecumseh engine will not run for any more than 30 seconds at a time and then very difficult to get running again then the same occurs! Help....any thoughts?
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: Parts

Mikey_1980
Sound like a carbourter issue, have you tried giving this a good clean, or better still soaking it for 24 hours in a tub of carboreter cleaner or cleaning solvent.  Alot of stuff can build up in it over time, causing some of the valves to stick, if its running for a short period and then dying, and not starting for a while I would give this a go first.

I have had similar on Pertol Model plane engines, a good soaking clears all the valves and needles out.

Also forgot to say thank you, if you do decide to get rid of the grass catcher please let me know.

Re: Parts

beulahcutter
Thanks for the advice.I had got some cleaner the other day and did what i thought was a thorough job....but just the same. Will do as you suggest and give it a proper soaking

If any change on collector will surely let you know
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: Parts

Mikey_1980
found the below which maybe of use for you as well

http://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/lmfaq/lmclctc.htm

Re: Parts

rattosh51
Great link there Mikey...thanks.
Biggest problem on the Tecumseh carb setup is that the bowl is usually the lowest point, and therefore, collects the most crap (mainly water). Many times, all you have to do is take the bowl of the carb off, Clean it out well, and dry it, then reinstall. If that doesn't get you going, then the whole carb must come off.

Re: Parts

beulahcutter
have decided to clear out and the grass catcher is up for grabs...
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk