Snow Blower Question

Re: Snow Blower Question

cr250
It would be possible as most things are. But the time & engineering would be considerable. The 3600 comes out of the blower in a shaft, the 2 cyl its all pulleys. Good luck if you try it!
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Snow Blower Question

cr250
I have now acquired a snowblower for a 3600, From the look of it, the frame looks the same, just pulleys added for the the 6800. The big difference is the 3600's use a drive shaft, so that would take some engineering, The 3600 is smaller as well. The one I got needed a new drive shaft, after allot of digging and trips to the different drive shaft makers, I ended up with a John Deere drive shaft, will need some machine work, but it has the quick connect and is beefier. A Gravelly shaft will also work. These shafts are expensive!
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Snow Blower Question

rattosh51
I bet they are spendy...let us know how the JD retro-fit goes.

Re: Snow Blower Question

cr250
Well the shaft from a 47" John Deere works, just need to bend the muffler shield up a bit for clearance issues.

JOHN-DEERE-BM20830-QUICK-HITCH-DRIVE-SHAFT-47-SNOWBLOWER-KIT This is the one I used. Its a much beefier unit and should last many years.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.
12