Thinking about selling my 6800

nascarjay
Im thinking maybe about selling my 6800 there is absolutly nothing wrong with it the only thing that is broke is the plastic piece around the forward backward shifter.  I live in Michigan does anyone know what they are worth?

I do love this mower but being that Im good with fixing trucks not tractors Im a bit worried about this tractor of mine after reading many posts and the costs of parts for this tractor I just think that maybe it would be better off with somebody that knows them better then I.

This tractor has always been garaged kept and other then a couple of scratshes here and there it is really unbeleiveable just how good it does run for being 20 years old. There is not no dents and not a spek of rust on her. Tires are like new and she runs PERFECT hell better then my buddies 2007 john dere  lol

I have only had this for about 3 months and did buy a new battery for it the pto clutch works perfect and she starts up fast all the belts are like new.  The guy that I got it from was a tractor collector and took perfect care of it.

I really like it just scars me that its so rare and well nobody around here even knows what a yamaha tractor is lol much less be able to help with repairs.

So if anyone could let me know what she is worth that would be great thanks

Re: Thinking about selling my 6800

bilgrotie
Hello, when you decide how much you want for it let me know, I would like to replace my much abused 6700. Thanks Bill Grote

Re: Thinking about selling my 6800

rattosh51
Worth is a hard thing to estimate. It pretty much depends on the location of the tractor, the condition of it, and the maintenance history. Considering that there aren't many of these around, you have to go by the engine size, and the deck size too. Check your local Craigslist postings and see what other brands are going for in your area, and you can basically go from there. The thing that depresses the price is, as you said, rarity and cost of parts...