Trouble starting yt5700

DIYSteve
I have always had trouble starting my yt5700. Most recently I get backfiring and no starting.Any suggestions ?

Re: Trouble starting yt5700

bilgrotie
Hello, I have the same problem with mine however I discovered that a small shot of starting fluid makes it fire right up. If you find a solution please let me know. The Yahama tractors are really great machines.

Re: Trouble starting yt5700

rattosh51
Hard starting & backfiring are one of the most common problems I see people ask about. It usually will be within the carb itself. Years of use, bad fuel, ethanol, dirt, buildup, etc. all will cause the tractor to start hard. The best thing to do, especially if nothing has ever been done to the carb, is to rebuild it. New needle and seat, float,  completely cleaned inside & out. Next best thing, would be to replace the fuel lines going back to the gas tank. You'd be surprised how brittle and corroded a 20-30 year old gas line can be. And after doing all that, making sure the gas tank itself is flushed out. You'll then know, your fuel system is solid.

Re: Trouble starting yt5700

bilgrotie
Hello, thanks for the info, I also find that most no start problems with small engines are related to contaminated fuel.  Do you know if carb kits are available for the Yahama tractors?

Re: Trouble starting yt5700

rattosh51
I thought I replied to this, but looks like it was edited.
No carb kits are available, but individual pieces can be bought through various suppliers.