YAMAHA YT3600P

RAB5050
I was just given a YT3600p, by a relative who says everything works fine except for one of the blade spindles. He has faithfully changed the oil every year/pulled the deck each winter/oiled cleaned and sharpened the blades etc. I already have a ridding mower.Can someone tell me what the letter P stands for? I have the manual but it doesn't give many specs. I have no idea what the horse power is and it dose give that shake and big kick when it starts. Is that a carburetor problem? Also was wondering what these machines might be worth? I would appreciate any information if someone has the time.
 Thank you, RAB
(London Ont.)

Re: YAMAHA YT3600P

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Good afternoon, YT3600 Lawn tractors are 12hp, a shake upon start up and shut down is quite normal, not a carb issue, just normal.as far as a value brand ne these machines used to sell for $3000-$3300.00 When new now ? They are Hydrostatic drive, this  is quite reliable and often only found on larger more expensive equipment,check out the modern day equivalent a Kubota hydrostatic tractor $7500 and up. Bottom line they are a very good unit well worth keeping...do you have a picture ?

Re: YAMAHA YT3600P

RAB5050
Thank you for the reply, I am not sure what to do with this machine. I just had it given to me a couple of days ago.The orginal owner didnt want to bother fixing a problem with one of the blade spindles. He said he tightened one blade as tight as possible but it didnt hold up. After sixteen years or so even though this machine is in great shape except for the one blade, he went out and bought a brand new John Deer.
I realy dont need a riding mower but that drive system is incredabley smooth,and according to the manual can pull a roller up to 350 pounds. There are no leaks front or back,cosmetics the usual cracked seat and broken plastic shift cover. If I was to try to sell it should I fix it or sell as is?P0007223.JPGP0007224.JPGP0007225.JPGP0007226.JPGP0007228.JPGP0007229.JPGP0007230.JPGP0007231.JPG<quote author="YamahaGenuineParts.com">

Re: YAMAHA YT3600P

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
If you are not in need of this tractor I would sell it in the spring. Its your call if you wish to spend some $ on it.
Good Luck