YT 6800 trailer hitch

Alan
I want to use mine to move some light trailers around.  Max tongue wt would be on the order of 100-150 pounds.  Mostly less.  Would it work out to just drill out the existing hitch hole, and install a ball, or should I make a bracket to move the ball back a few inches?  I understand that this machine is basically more a mower than a tractor.

Re: YT 6800 trailer hitch

cr250
I believe you can get balls with a smaller shank. I have used mine for way more weight than that. I use to push a 20' boat up a steep driveway, no problem, other than traction.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: YT 6800 trailer hitch

Alan
Thank you!  I hadn't known that hitch balls were available with 5/8" shanks.  Ordered one 2" and one 1-7/8 from Amazon.  Cost 19.57.  A few bucks more than the usual shank sizes.

Re: YT 6800 trailer hitch

cr250

Re: YT 6800 trailer hitch

Alan
Yes, I was in a Menards yesterday and noticed they had the 1 7/8 ones, and cheaper than on Amazon.  But they did not have 2" balls with the small shank.

They came from the Amazon order, and bolt right on.  The only potential problem I notice is that the flange on the trailer coupler might hit the vertical steel on the tractor, especially with the 2" ball.  We shall see.