YT3600 Separate Engine from Drive Shaft?

YT3600 Separate Engine from Drive Shaft?

beulahcutter
Has anyone got any thoughts on how to get the two apart?
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: YT3600 Separate Engine from Drive Shaft?

Wayne1
After undoing the clip on the rubber cover, the splined shaft should easily pull out of the engine.

Assuming you are removing the engine, when you are ready to move it just pull it forward and the shaft will come out.  Otherwise if the engine is staying put, loosen the floor pan (and if needed remove the perforated metal fan protector) and disconnect the drive shaft at the fan boss, once it is free pull it back out of the motor.

Re: YT3600 Separate Engine from Drive Shaft?

beulahcutter
Exactly as you said thank you.

I am taking out to replace the Starter motor....I have a spare one....But does anyone know where you can get the brushes so i can keep one as a spare? The e bay link shows one that looks the same size but cannot be certain. Has anyone done this and know where to go and what part number to ask for?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-BRUSH-NIPPON-DENSO-BRUSHPLATE-BRUSH-No1-FOR-STARTER-MOTOR-YAMAHA-JETSKI-/291036542165?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43c32134d5
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: YT3600 Separate Engine from Drive Shaft?

rattosh51
Stuart,
 Check this link for the part numbers of the brushes...think I found them!

http://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003a2adf870021f60a1265c/starting-motor

At least you could cross reference them, or possibly order from them?