YT3600 What parts should I get to rebuild the Carburetor

YT3600 What parts should I get to rebuild the Carburetor

John in Pa
I picked up a second mower so I can dedicate each for snow and mowing(and in case the first died). The last one I bought sounds a lot different than the one I have had for 6 years. The carburetor spits gas out a side port sometimes and the engine sounds like is about to take off and fly. Engine starts to pop and carry on after 45 minutes. i first thought it was water in the as but not sure anymore.

Question is what parts should I replace if I'm going to rebuild the carb.

Re: YT3600 What parts should I get to rebuild the Carburetor

rattosh51
There were carb kits available years ago, but don't think there are anymore.
Needle and seat and float are the best things to replace., along with any gaskets you can find.The hard part is finding the correct parts now a days.

Re: YT3600 What parts should I get to rebuild the Carburetor

cr250
Sounds like governor needs to be adjusted.

3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Also swap carbs for trouble shooting.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: YT3600 What parts should I get to rebuild the Carburetor

rattosh51
Yup, would definitely invest $100 in a new one, be easier to have on hand and track down the problem.