YT3600 "hunting" "searching" for RPM.

jeremy
Good afternoon fellow mower enthusiasts.....

I recently obtained a YT3600 in original, good condition other then sitting for a while. I went through the needed servicing, changed plug, oil, air filter, emptied and clean fuel tank and removed and cleaned the carb.

The mower starts up fine and at full throttle is reasonably smooth but searches a little for the sweet spot, governor is moving throttle slightly. Bringing the throttle down increases the hunting/searching and at idle it dies....? Any thoughts? Carb still dirty? A different issue?

Any assistance is appreciated. BTW. Until I found this mowing I had NO idea Yamaha made them, killer machine... ;-)

Thanks, Jeremy

Re: YT3600 "hunting" "searching" for RPM.

cr250
Dirty carb.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: YT3600 "hunting" "searching" for RPM.

jeremy
Thanks for the reply, turns out it was a partially blocked fuel filter, the only thing I didn't service or change because I didn't see it under the seat... ;-) Killer mowers BTW...

Good to know, thought that would be a top end issue.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: YT3600 "hunting" "searching" for RPM.

roman
Hi everyone!

 Just picked up a 3600. Love the tractor but it was also surging or searching for RPM.  I checked the air filter that didn't help. Next the pilot jet. After dropping it and fishing it out with retractable fingers I cleaned it up.
 It didn't look "dirty". Then ran some wire through the orifices, threw it back in and Whala!! She runs like a champ. So smooth and responsive to throttle it makes me smile. nice machine!!  Pics later...