YT3600 is not moving after changing the oil

YT3600 is not moving after changing the oil

piotrek207
 transmision oil doesn't go straight
after changing the oil mower is not moving forward only backwards
oil 10w 30
please help

Re: YT3600 is not moving after changing the oil

rattosh51
I'm assuming you changed the transmission oil?
There may be an air pocket that is keeping the oil from getting everywhere. From fellow member Meofuse--

 "It will take some effort to get the oil passages to bleed the air out, do this by manually pushing the tractor back and forth about 8 - 10 feet with the engine off, do this until you feel the wheels lock up. After starting the engine gradually coax it back into movement until you are confident that all is well."

Re: YT3600 is not moving after changing the oil

piotrek207
works ok they do not screw twisted and dropped the ball but put it in place, odpowietrzylem is ok thanks for your help rattosh51
 Peter

Re: YT3600 is not moving after changing the oil

RAB5050
Petter,   were you able to work out the problem with the drive unit?

Re: YT3600 is not moving after changing the oil

piotrek207
Hi
Yes I was able to work out with my problem
Do you have the same problem???

Re: YT3600 is not moving after changing the oil

RAB5050
I was able to change the transmission oil without any trouble. My machine like everyone else is quite old but still runs like new. I was lucky with my 3600 because it was given to me free from a cousin and he changed the oil every season and also the spark plug. The only thing he never did was change the oil in the hydro drive but it looked and smelled new.The one thing that might get overlooked is the differential oil because its not part of the drive oil. There is a drain plug at the bottom of the differential when I drained the oil it came out almost like a jelly and had never been changed.If you decide to change it,you have to use a thicker lube(off hand I cant remember what its called but would be easy to find out). also there is a rubber drain tube at the top of the casing you have to pull that out  that then will give you your access hole to refill with new oil.