YT3600 no spark!

valdez
Doe anyone have a suggestion for a No-Spark condition?    I replaced the ignition switch with a unit bought from Yam Genuine Parts in Canada.   The engine cranks fine, lights, deck pto relay, fuel pump all work, but the engine has no spark.   Tried different plugs, check every wiring connection I can find....    This tractor ran very well as it is in mint condition...   Any help would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks in advance!

Re: YT3600 no spark!

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Hello , here is a few other items to check.
1-Your battery must be fully charged 12 volts....a lot of people do not realize this.If your battery is less than 10volts the CDI will not genrate a spark, it will still turn over,but not spark.
2- There is a seat switch that shuts of the tractor if you get off it while its running. Alot of people disconnect it.

Hope this helps.
Regards Stephen
www.YamahaGenuineParts.com

Re: YT3600 no spark!

nascarjay
I have no spark on my YT6800 it ran perfect then I powered washed it and now no spark yes I know stupid to wash it   anyways what is the CDI? and I do have a new battery but still will check for voltage on it    It turns over fine even tried a booster box also changed plugs  thinking about changing the coils but would like to do the CDI also but dont know what it is any help or ideas would be great thanks