YT3600 - no spark!!!

valdez
I have a tractor in great condition and it ran perfectly...until somelost the ignition key.    I tried to hook up a generic ignition switch and got the fuel pump and starter to work but no spark... Since then I bought the correct ignition switch and installed it.   Seems like it is correct, but still no spark...  any suggestions?   This tractor is really too nice to break down for parts...    Any help is appreciated!

Re: YT3600 - no spark!!!

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
You might want to check for a fully charged battery 12.3v-13.8volts.
As a partially charged battery with 10.volts or less will still turn over but not generate spark.
My suggestion is to start with a fully charged battery and have another go. This is the same with all ATV and motorcycles.
Good Luck.