marine72
I keep having problems with getting my mower blades to engage when starting or reengage after emptying the bags. I have already replaced the PTO Switch and checked all wires I could for a bad connection. Any other ideas?
Thanks
marine 72

Re: YT3600

rattosh51
marine72-
 Yes, there are a couple things to check.
Your clutch must be adjusted correctly, there is an air gap that has to be a specific distance.
I believe it is .018 inches. You have to measure the gap with a feeler gauge. You will see three hex nuts on the face of the clutch unit, spaced 120 degrees apart.
Along the side of the clutch near each nut, is a slot, (three total) that's where the feeler gage slips in. Slip the feeler gage into one of the slots, and tighten or loosen the adjacent hex nut until you achieve a slight drag on the feeler gage. Repeat the process at the other two locations. Then recheck all three in order until no further adjustment is needed to feel a slight drag on the feeler gage.
 You should also check your charging system and make sure it is putting out a steady 13-13.6 volts at the battery, after restarting. If it is varying with the throttle, then your voltage regulator may be bad when it gets hot.
 If those two things are good, then it may be the clutch itself. I don't think the clutches are available anymore, or they're very expensive. One guy had luck crossing it to a Toro clutch in one of the older posts.
Let us know what you find...