YT6700 rebuild kits

ArtM
Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for my YT6700 carburator? Mine had been sitting for a couple of years before I bought it from a friend, it will start when cold with starting fluid but it won't idle very well, even when warm. Art

Re: YT6700 rebuild kits

rattosh51
Welcome Art!!
In various other posts in the Forum, there are online parts suppliers listed.
I'm unsure if there is a rebuild kit available.
Since yours had been sitting for that long, I would think that the carb/float just needs a good cleaning. Also, check your gas lines, as they may have become fragile/corroded over the last 20 years.
Finally, replace the fuel filter. I would do all of this first, before rebuilding.

Re: YT6700 rebuild kits

ArtM
Thanks for the tips, I will check those things out this weekend. Mowing season is almost here where I'm at so I wanna be ready!