YT6800 Belts

Berkman
All, I am looking to replace all of the belts on my Yamaha YT6800.  I have the original part numbers...

JE8523550000 YT6800 Mower Deck Belt
JE8524360100 YT6800 PTO Belt 2
JE8462410000 YT6800 PTO Belt 1

I also saw on this board that one of the belts has an equivalent part number of LB67.  However, I am not sure which belt LB67 is.

Are there other substitutions that can be used so I don't have to pay the outrageous prices for the original belts?

Thank you.

Re: YT6800 Belts

Jersey Bob
I have a YT3600 and I just went through the search to find less expensive belts.

I found the 'LB' numbers (just like your LB67) listed in the back of the owners manual. I searched Google using just the LB number and got several hits.  (I checked one of the part numbers you supplied and it didn't come back with anything.) In one case, I was able to find a John Deere equivalent on ebay and I was able to pay less than $20 including shipping for a belt that Yamaha would have charged $50.

If you don't have the owners manual, either someone on this forum might be able to help find the LB numbers, or I would recommend tracking down a copy of the manual.

Jersey Bob

Re: YT6800 Belts

From the owner's manual--
Blade belt is LB103 (6800 only)
PTO belt is LB67 (5700,6700,6800)
Drive belt is LA86 (5700,6700,6800)
I am not certain but the numbers may be the length of the belt (in inches?). I have not confirmed this though. An alternative is to take the belt to your nearest Auto Parts store and see if they can match them up. I had to do this for a JD318 I have when my belt broke in the middle of mowing.
OEM Belts can be gotten from...
http://www.yamahagenuineparts.com
http://www.canns-bilco.com
http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

Re: YT6800 Belts

Thomas Lockhart
Well I think he is right about the LB numbers being the length but not about automotive belts being sustitued.  I just got a 6800 from a girlfriend whose dad died 13 yrs ago.  I have no manual and was missing a PTO belt and went to the local automotive dealer and screwed around with all kinds of sized belts.  The PTO belt is probably 67 inches long but as soon as you install them they streach out of shape.  I am now trying to find a proper belt up here in Vancouver BC.  Any sugestions?
Thomas

Re: YT6800 Belts

rattosh51
Go to any of the websites listed above and order one.

Re: YT6800 Belts

Rick
Deck belt for YT6800 is 5/8" by 94", just changed mine out.

Re: YT6800 Belts

Bump, for easier access....

Re: YT6800 Belts

Tony
hello I have the manual for 6800.the La 86 is drive belt  a-86 will work .lb67 is belt  from motor to deck.  lb103  is belt on the blades  b belts will work. one a belt  2 b belts