YT6800 steering loose

Alan
The steering is quite loose.  Appears to me that the front axle has a lot of forward-and-back movement under the influence of the drag link. None of the joints seem loose or broken.

I see there is a bushing in the center pivot that might be worn (90387-123X7-00).  Is this likely to be the problem?  That bushing is not available but it looks like something that would not be hard to make on a lathe.

am

Re: YT6800 steering loose

cr250
Yup, I auger out a 1/2" hole and put a good quality bolt through. Easy fix, except you'll probably have to pull the engine.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: YT6800 steering loose

Alan
Another approach might be to gin up a radius rod parallel to the drag link.