Yamaha YT3600 dies when you engage PTO

lawnboy
My YT3600 dies when I engage the PTO. It was working OK until I adjusted the throttle, now even rev'd to wide open, the PTO wont engage and the motor dies unless you turn the PTO off. It also has the same problem others seem to have with the PTO not engaging when hot, the battery is charging at a little over 13 volts according to my digital VOM. I don't understand why adjusting the throttle would screw up the PTO? Please help the lawn is getting high and its huge!! Thanks!

Re: Yamaha YT3600 dies when you engage PTO

valdez
My 3600 had the same problem... seat safety switch was not working propertly...  "jump" the wires temporarily and see if that solves the problem.

Re: Yamaha YT3600 dies when you engage PTO

lawnboy
Thanks for the tip...it worked and the lawn is mowed! Now to figuremout how to adjust the PTO so it engages when it's hot. Thanks again!

Re: Yamaha YT3600 dies when you engage PTO

rattosh51
lawnboy,
Read through some of the older posts, as there is one thread that discusses how to do it.
Glad ya got 'er up and running.

Re: Yamaha YT3600 dies when you engage PTO

valdez
I have an Ariens mower with a similar electric pto clutch that had the same problem and I found that it had some strands of v belt junk wrapped around it from a belt that self-destructed earlier... the junk was holding the friction plates a bit... maybe you have a similar situation?