Yamaha YT6800 Hydrostatic Transmission Oil What kind

Yamaha YT6800 Hydrostatic Transmission Oil What kind

ComicDom1
Is there a special brand or kind of Hydrostatic Transmission Oil that needs to be used in the YT6800

I recently went to the Yamaha dealer and have searched on the net but the only information I can find seems to be to use SAE 10-30  which is regular motor oil.  Is that correct?

I am trying to make sure I go over my mower completely before I put it up for sale.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Yamaha YT6800 Hydrostatic Transmission Oil What kind

cr250
Yup, good old motor oil!
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Yamaha YT6800 Hydrostatic Transmission Oil What kind

ComicDom1
Thanks for responding.  I wish I had found this forum much sooner.   My YT6800 is a great mower and I am having second thoughts on parting with it.  When I bought it, I was able to Yamaha Snow Blade and Lift Arm with it.  Unfortunately, I think the fellow I bought my house from took off with my Snow blade so I have the Lift Arm and Tire Chains but my Snow Plow was never recovered.  I also have never found another Snow Blade and have never seen a Yamaha Snow blade I could buy.

Since that time I have purchased a snow blower of another brand and now I have my eye on a Zero Turn Mower.

That leaves me to sell off the YT6800, Lift Arm, and snow chains.  Oh I also have a Genuine Yamaha Service Manual I will be selling off as well once I let go of the YT6800.

Once again thanks for the response.

Jason

Where are you located?
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Yamaha YT6800 Hydrostatic Transmission Oil What kind

ComicDom1
I am in Illinois right near Champaign

Jason