engine swap

nascarjay
Does anyone know what size engine is on the YT6800? the 5700 and the 3600 and if they are interchangeable? Want to know the horsepower of the three also.
Also do the snowblowers interchange between the three models?   Are there any other engines from different makes that would work on the YT6800? I've noticed that some of the v-twin engines from cubcadet look very similar to the yamaha Thanks

Re: engine swap

rattosh51
The 5700, 6700 and 6800 all had OHV 2-cylinder vertical engines, which I believe are 18hp.
The 3600 is a horizontal, single cylinder 12hp engine. Different snowblowers were made for the larger engine models due to the vertical engines. I'm sure you could fab anything you wanted, engine-wise, into the compartment...I have not found a direct replacement anywhere.