going nut"s

snirt
i'v been trying like mad to get the  nut off the front of the crakshaft,i dont want to pull to hard! has anyone had the clutch/pully system off a yt3600??? i know there is a snap ring also but i need to find out if that nut does need to come off  and how to (wich way you turn it) so i dont bust something!!! thanks for the replys so far.....snirt

Re: going nut"s

snirt
got it.....penetrant...heat..breaker bar....12 pack..had to pull motor to get case off ..fun         snirt

Re: going nut"s

rattosh51
Snirt,
 So how did you stop crank from moving? Was it counter-clockwise to take the nut off?
I'm sure other would like to know...
thanks

Re: going nut"s

snirt
I used a big open end wrench to hold the u-joint on the shaft comming out of the back of the engine,then used a breaker bar and lube , kind of a pain to replace the case gasket.. had the whole motor on my workbench on sat night ,but back in and running by sun am!   no leaks,fun stuff ,learned alot....snirt