new member and owner of yamaha yt6800

DW

new member and owner of yamaha yt6800

DW
hi everybody. just bought a yt6800 and really like it so far. my mtd finally died after about 10 years so i bought the yamaha on a whim. i know nothing about this yamaha. it seems to start really hard but i do not know any of the little things about it. also after it runs for about 10 minutes it sounds like it is going to stop and sputters a little so i stop and lower the throttle a little and it runs ok after that. maybe a little water in the float bowl. i maintain all my mowers so i'll need a repair manual.any ideas. seems like i always drained my float bowl every mowing season and there was always water in it. thanks everybody.  Denny from Carroll ohio

Re: new member and owner of yamaha yt6800

These are pretty much set up like other mowers, but the engine is nicer.
Since it's a new buy, definitely go over everything like plugs, gas lines, etc.
Get some SeaFoam in the tank and run it through...sounds like it may be a dirty carb.
Ask away on the questions, as this is the only place to find info on these mowers.
Good luck with it!!
DW

Re: new member and owner of yamaha yt6800

DW
thanks for the reply. mowed twice and really like this mower. should run very good after the new coil install. set the valves on the right side. should have been .004 but mine came in at about .020. little loose. will go over it after the coil install.  Denny