newbie

wnyyt6700
Hello, I just found this site. I have owned a 6700 since new, it has mowed many..many acres of grass with no problems until now. From what I can gather I need a new coil (the left cylinder drops in and out). Is there anyway to test this?

Re: newbie

rattosh51
Pretty much the same old method of pulling the spark plug out, grounding one side, and turning over the motor to see if there's a spark...there is a lot of YouTube videos on this. Or you can try measuring the resistance of the right side coil (not connected to anything) and see if the left matches it.