press bearing

hauk
Hello

I am replacing a pulley on my cutting deck and do not have much experience with pressing a bearing. There are two bearings for the pulley, one on top and one on the bottom.
Does anyone have any advice for pressing the bearing? I was considering trying to use a vice and a block of wood that matches the bearing.

Thanks

Re: press bearing

rattosh51
That's about the only way I've done it on other decks, don't hit the bearing directly with the hammer.

Re: press bearing

hauk
Cool thanks. A buddy also mentioned a dead blow hammer, socket and a rag but I think I'll go with the vice and wood, seems safer for the bearing.