simple questions

nascarjay
what size deck does the YT6800 come with?  What is the horsepower of the YT6800? What does the CHAR light on the far right mean and when should it be on? Why do the Manuals cost so much?  its just paper. seems like someone would be nice enough to just make copies of theirs and post them  just a thought.  Im sure I will have more questions as this is a first Yamaha mower for me.  I love this mower but I just got rid of a Simplisity cuz it would not start all the time and now this wont start either  Im going to try and clean up the connections as they are dirty but it started fine before with them being dirty and the battery is 8 years old would it just not start all at once one day it srated great and the next CLICK now with a battery charger on it with a 50 amp boost it would make it click fast but once off the charger it would not even click once so Im so hoping that its not the starter sense I so do not have 500 bucks to buy one so please someone tell me its just an old battery.  also how can I load test the battery?  or can I jjump it with a car or a boost box or use a care battery?  Thanks so much for any advice.....

Re: simple questions

 The 6800 has a 48" deck. Manuals cost so much, because there is only one supplier of them (the moderator of this forum), and the tractor you just bought was only made for 3 years.
The CHAR light should only be on when you first turn the key. Once it starts, it should go off. It is the
Charging circuit light, and tell you if you have enough voltage, when running.
After 8 years, any battery is usually shot, so get a new one.