trying to locate things on my yt6800

DW

trying to locate things on my yt6800

DW
hi all. just finished mowing and it's about time i teach myself about my mower. started to look things over and when i put the seat up and removed the little plastic tool tray i saw what looked like a white plastic container that looks like a brake fluid container. i took off the top and it was empty. looked like it was empty for a while. i usually don't like to mess with things during the mowing season but this is new to me and i want to keep this thing going. i want to change the trans. fluid and diff. oil and make sure everything is lubed. i would like to perform this maint. without screwing it up so when i get the seat off i'll post some pics on what i think are the things i'll work with. already adjusted the valves (they were about .017 which is way off from i read). i don't think the guy that sold it to me knew very much about it. this is a nice mower. thanks for all the help.  Denny

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

John honeycutt
I think you are looking is the hydrostatic fluid. If I’m not mistaking it take 10-30 oil
DW

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

DW
thanks for the reply John. just went out and looked at the fluid canister again and i took the cap off and removed the basket and looked down in the tube. the fluid canister had two lines, one says lower and the other line says upper. seems like the fluid level should be on the lower or the upper line, if so should i fill to one of those lines? also never saw a plastic radiator type fan under the seat. does that fan run when the mower is running?  thanks again John

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

cr250
Fan is always turning when the engine is running. Yes fill it between the lines, run it and recheck.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.
DW

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

DW
thanks for the info and reply. i'll top it off today,just was not familiar with the term upper and lower. i'll be changing the fluid towards the end of the mowing season this year maybe a little sooner. i'll probably need some advice on the do's and don'ts on which plugs to remove and where. i noticed you have some parts for these mowers. i'll be needing the cover that the shift lever goes through.po must have lost it or something because there is a homemade cover on it now and just does not look as good as the original one. thanks again.   Denny

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

cr250
That part and many others are available through a Yamaha dealer. Blades are not, I have some.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.
DW

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

DW
thanks, i'll be checking my blades soon.

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

rattosh51
Search for older posts on changing the hydro fluid from Meofuse; he wrote up an extensive "how-to"

Also search older posts for "parts drawings"...there is a good site that has all drawings and whatever parts are still available.
cr250 is a good one to get blades from, as they are super spendy from dealers. , if you can find any.

DW

Re: trying to locate things on my yt6800

DW
thanks Rat.