yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

big_al
hey yamaha fans,
i tried to to an transmission oilchange on my yt 3600 i thought i foud the drain plug but as i screwed it out is more looks like an back preassure valve with a spring and a metall ball. anyways lot of oil came out

So by trying to put that plug again in i first thought the ball was correct inserted, but after fillig oil again in the gear won´t work so i checked it again and the ball was missing.

Is there a chance that the ball can be fallen in a wrong hole ? or looks it more like it felt down and i dind´got it but i searched the complete garage....

So if it seems that i missed the ball on the ground does anybody know wich diameter of the ball  is the original? it seems like somethng between 8 and 12 mm

i have some pics in my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7q4xp5iys16vfxh/AACw7lhbl3NWf05gH8K-xad_a?dl=0

thanks

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

cr250
Did you push the tractor fwd and backwards? If I remember you have to lift the bypass lever under the seat as well. This will bleed the system.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

big_al
hey
yes i pushed it back and fwd.

Where can i find the Bypass Lever ?

Find pic attached

Lift the seat, right of the storage box, the one you lift to move the machine when its not running.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

big_al
hey
i bought it used and there is no lift .....

see the last picture thats all what you can see under the storage box ...

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

big_al
UPDATE:
i think i found the bybass  on the right side of the tractor at the transmission  there is a screw with a little push pin...

but my original problem according to the steel ball still exist ...

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

cr250
Not sure I can be any further assistance, sorry.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.
RB

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

RB
I will try too help you out but my time is tight right now. When I changed the transmission oil myself all I did was remove a plug with an allen key. There was no other parts inside just the allen plug. I would ask the guys that host this forum I have been to their shop in Lancaster and they are very helpful. I am in Ontario and it seems most of these units are in the US, however I only use my machine to pull a garden tractor. The deck the belt and the PTO are on the shelf collecting dust. If anyone needs a part or two.
 Also while you are changing the oil you should also change the thick oil that is inside the final drive. Mine was twenty plus years old and this oil had never been changed. It actually had turned to jelly so if your trying to keep your machine running new then you have to change that oil.
 The guys running Nabil use to have a link to the owners manual if you cant find it they likely still have it. Also I posted pictures but I am not sure if any of my stuff is still in there.
 Let me know ho you make out.
Cheers
 PS I cant see your pictures in your link because I don't have an account.
RB

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

RB
How did you make out with the oil change, is everything working?

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

Dave
Hi there - are you in Northern Ontario?  I have a YT3600 and love it.  It has a snowblower attachment and out performs my Cubcadet with a blower attachment any day.  I would like to keep it running as long as possible but I need more spare parts.  So what ever you have laying around collecting dust I will gladly purchase if your interested.

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

wayne_1
Big_al, if you're still looking for that ball, it should be 3/8".  Sorry for the delayed response - I've been away from the forum for a while.  Although the hydro trans unit was made in Japan, it appears that it was engineered in inch-based (not metric) dimensions.

Re: yt 3600 hydro trans oilchange fail - ball from valve missing

dwthompson89
Big al any luck. I am having the same issue.