yt 3600 revs??

TracTug
Hi, my tractor starts fine and mows fine but the engine revs constantly.  It is less noticeable at high throttle but at low idle it really revs up high then slows down then revs high and slows down and so on.

Also on a separate note...the pto often does not engage.  I have to flip the switch 7-8 times to get the pto engaged.  Any thoughts on this?
Thank You.

Re: yt 3600 revs??

rattosh51
There are a few threads in the forum discussing PTO problems and possible solutions...mainly voltage needs to be checked and PTO has to be adjusted correctly. For the surging problem, you may have a fuel line restricted or partially plugged, carb could be dirty (main jets) or lastly the governor may have a problem. I'd start with the easy stuff before messing with the governor, though. Sometimes it's worth draining the gas tank, replacing all the old fuel lines, cleaning the carb, and starting from there. Also clean out the gas tank....