yt3600 motor problems

cazador
My YT3600 mower has a motor problem look for a new one. The problem started when I started to mow my mother inlaw yard with a fairly steep hill. Are these mower noned to have issues when mowing hills? I have a snow blower with chains and counter wieght, plus bagger. Hate to scrap it all. dose anyone have a motor or rebuilt kit. If not would be will to sell.

Re: yt3600 motor problems

rattosh51
Well, in the 6800 owner's manual it says to not operate the machine on a slope greater than 10 degrees, but I think that is more of a safety-rollover thing than for the engine. I believe the engine is a pressurized one, so it shouldn't matter. May have just been its time to go...Not sure if there's a repower kit for these.
Might want to check with Small Engine Warehouse, or any others out there, or look for a rebuild kit if available.

Re: yt3600 motor problems

cr250
The twins are pressurized, the 12hp is a splash system, that being said the 12hp won't handle hills as well.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.
RB

Re: yt3600 motor problems

RB
Can you tell us what exactly is the motor problem and why you think it cant be fixed?