yt3600 shakes

tsnud
I have a yt3600 and when I shut it off it shakes like crazy. This is my second one and I don't really remember if my first one did that. My first one broke the crank.

Re: yt3600 shakes

Shakes? As in the engine is shaking? Does it sputter or try to keep running? Need more info...

Re: yt3600 shakes

tsnud
It runs perfect but when I turn down the throttle it doesn't quite go down to the rpm's that it was when I first start it. When I turn the key off the whole tractor shakes.

Re: yt3600 shakes

rattosh51
Only things I can think of would be possibly loose motor mount bolts, or the crankshaft got bent...

Re: yt3600 shakes

tsnud
I hope its not the crank. I will check the motor mounts thanks.

Re: yt3600 shakes

YamaDog
I had a yt3600 and they do shake when turned off.  This is because they are not v twin like the larger motor.

Re: yt3600 shakes

tsnud
I kind of remember my other one shaking also. Thanks.

Re: yt3600 shakes

mtviews
I have a couple YT3600 and have had one for years...both shake when you turn the engine off.....If the PTO is on it is the torque off the pto and deck causing an imbalance...if the PTO is off should not shake much.....Try decelerating idle down turn off PTO and see if it still shakes...if so previous post had good ideas....