yt6700 starting problem

bilgrotie
Hello,  when cold, my 6700 must crank for 20-30 seconds and backfire once or twice before starting. Once started it runs fine and restart easily when warm. I would like to know if anyone has solved a similar problem before I start tearing this tractor apart. Thanks.

Re: yt6700 starting problem

RAB5050
you never mentioned if you checked your fuel pump,also change out your fuel filter always is a good idea
RB

Re: yt6700 starting problem

bilgrotie
Hello, thanks for the reply. Well I did the 3 quick checks, compression, spark, and fuel however I think this problem goes beyond that. The pump puts out enough fuel to run a much larger engine. This engine sometimes wont start with starting fluid but some other time it might fire right up. When it is running it has all the power one could want, cuts  better and faster than my Cubs and JD. Thanks, Bill

Re: yt6700 starting problem

RAB5050
if its not timing, seems like its down to carb problems. as you know they can start without starting fluid with just one turn of the crank when everything is in tip top shape.
RB

Re: yt6700 starting problem

I think your problem is in the carb, as RAB5050 said. Probably time for a good cleanout, and check to make sure the float is adjusted correctly. Might be dumping too much fuel in on cold startup with choke.