yt6700

nansee
ok have a yt6700 that NEED WORK DONE. LEAKING OIL FOUND THE LEAK WHEN MOTOR WAS REMOVED TODAY.  NOW WERE DO I GET PARTS?  CAN WE MAKE A NEW GASETS FOR IT?  I DONT SEE TO MUCH ABOUT THE 6700.  WHEN WERE THEY MADE?  CANT GET A REPAIR SHOP AROUND HERE TO EVEN LOOK AT IT. SAY THEY NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF THEM.  I MIGHT NEED A CARB TOO, OR A REBUILD KIT.  HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE CUT TOO. SEEMS TO BE CUTING SHORTER IN THE MIDDLE CECKED THE BLADES AND ARE GOOD ONLY A YEAR OLD. EVERYTHING SEEMS DRAWED UP TIGHT.  ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT. I LOVE THIS TRACTOR AND DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO READY GET A NEW ONE. NEW BELTS WOULDNT HURT. DID REPLACE THE ONE ON THE DECK. AND WHAT KIND OF OIL GOES IN THE REAR END?   THANK YOU

P.S.  WHAT THE MOTOR SIZE? CANT SEEM TO FIND IT ANYWHERE ON IT

Re: yt6700

rattosh51
Parts and drawings of assemblies can be found here:

http://www.yamahagenuineparts.com
http://www.canns-bilco.com
http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

The tractors were made between 88-90, and many parts are now obsolete. Most people don't know Yamaha made a yard tractor. The 6700 is most like the 6800, and I believe the deck size was the only difference, otherwise the engine, tranny, etc were all the same.
For cutting problems, you have to make sure your deck is level. Get a deck leveling tool, and check from the blades to the level surface. Should be equal from side-to-side, and front-to-back. The procedure is the same for all yard tractors, you can look it up. The adjustments are on the pieces that attach to the deck.
 The engine and hydro both use 10w30 motor oil. The powersportspro site above has detailed parts drawings and is pretty useful. The engine is 18hp.

Re: yt6700

nansee
 thank you for the info.  ill check it out.
EVO

Re: yt6700

EVO
I have a yt 6700 that probably doesn't have 200 hours on it that I'll sell for $500.  Runs and mows great!