yt6800 Blades

barb1220
I posted previously today on my yt6800 blades not engaging, since then I have been reading posts.  What is the PTO ?  and is it difficult to purchase new battery and spark plugs for this mower ? and what about getting a manual ?  anyone find one online they would share ?  This young lady loves yardword, enjoys mowing the lawn but does no mechanical work except for minor stuff, so if major work is requird, anyone from around the Louisville Ky area ?

Re: yt6800 Blades

rattosh51
barb,
 Welcome to the Forum! The PTO is the "Power Take Off" unit. It is what turns on when you flip the "PTO" switch, and engages the blades. A low battery, or bad charging circuit may cause the PTO not to turn on.
Best way to check the charging circuit is to measure the voltage at the battery when the tractor is running at full speed with a digital voltmeter. It should be between 13.4-14volts. If the voltage is less than that, the PTO won't be able to turn on. Other causes are the switch itself sometimes goes bad.
 Any standard lawn tractor battery from your favorite lawn & garden store will do, nothing special there.
The plugs are harder to find, and you may have to order them online. They are NGK brand, type BPR5HS

Re: yt6800 Blades

rattosh51
Concerning the manual, there is  nothing online that you can get.
At the top of this forum, there is a parts link, and I believe you can still get manuals from there.
They are a bit pricey, but have some good info.