Battery drains over night

Pals
My yt 3600 battery drains over night I replaced it and still drains could it be the starter?

Re: Battery drains over night

Pals
And now it only starts when charger is on it could it be the starter?

Re: Battery drains over night

cr250
Sounds like a bad battery,
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Battery drains over night

Pals
Just put a new one in

http://yamaha-lawn-tractor-fan-club.996269.n3.nabble.com/Battery-drains-over-night-tp2713p2715.html
To unsubscribe from Battery drains over night, click here.
NAML

Just put a new battery in and still does it

Put an amp meter on it, if you don't have one, use a light bulb.

Pals
Says 12 volts with meter

Obviously you don't no what a amp meter is.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Battery drains over night

Pals
I don't have a amp meter just does voltage and everyone else said to look at volts so I'll just take the dang thing to AutoZone to be tested

http://yamaha-lawn-tractor-fan-club.996269.n3.nabble.com/Battery-drains-over-night-tp2713p2721.html
To unsubscribe from Battery drains over night, click here.
NAML

Take a 12 volt light, take the lead, I don't believe it matters which one, off the battery, put it in series, if the light is on strong you have something pulling it down, start looking for the culprit. You can have good volts on a battery and it still can be bad.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Battery drains over night

Pals
Had battery load tested and said it was good what's next solenoid?

Re: Battery drains over night

Wayne
When my 3600 was doing that the problem turned out to be a bad regulator/rectifier (it's under the dashboard).  If you search this forum for rectifier you will see that others have had this issue as well.  If the part isn't available from Yamaha there are aftermarket versions available, as this part was used in dirt bikes and watercraft so there is a bigger market for it than just Yamaha tractors.