Grass Catcher

Mikey_1980
Does anyone know of any aftermarket grass catchers, or othe manufacturers grass catchers that could be modified to fit a YT3600, or if anyone has one for sale and could ship it to the UK i would be intersted depending on the costs.

This is a great forum and I hope to be able to contribute rather than ask questions as soon as I have got my head round the mechanics of my new mower.

Re: Grass Catcher

rattosh51
Do not know of any aftermarket ones or others that fit. I have never seen anyone try either, so it is probably possible. Welcome to the Forum, and let's see some pics of your rig...

Re: Grass Catcher

From member tommy19...

But for anyone else that may view this thread in the future I learned something very cool today.  Older John Deere baggers are about 90% the same as the Yamaha's.  Yup you guessed it...bags, the steel frames that holds the bag, the plastic top hood, and the arm that connects it to the back of the tractor.

Hmm wonder who stole who's ideas ??? It appears  the only difference is how the "powerflow" or "grass pump" attaches to the deck. All the internals are the same. Needless to say I bought my impeller today from my local JD dealer that used to sell Yamaha tractors and can still get me most Yam parts.   Good thing the parts guy there has been there since the mid 80s as he told me about the units being almost the same.

Re: Grass Catcher

Phil1926
Seems like the right thread to be on, I am looking for either a bagger or grass catcher for my old YT3600 and actually seem to live in the same town of St. Paul.  Could you tell me which dealer it is that might be able to find Deere parts for use on the Yamaha?  Thanks, Phil

Re: Grass Catcher

rattosh51
Phil1926,
 Just saw this post...I have no idea on the bagger stuff, that was info from another member who posted...tommy19. You would have to look thru the older posts to get any more info on it.