Ignition

Nick123
Lost the key to my 6800. Anyone know where to get a new one

Re: Ignition

Wayne
There are vendors on eBay that sell Yamaha keys by the code number (search Yamaha key). Remove the nut holding the ignition switch so you can swing the switch out and read the code that is stamped into it.

Re: Ignition

diazbenson
have you gotten a new key to your Yamaha
..i have a place in Georgia where you can get all set of Yamaha product

Re: Ignition

roger hart
whats the name of the place in Georgia to get yahama parts and  there phone number, please text me at 731-358-2016

Re: Ignition

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Hello,
Unfortunately ordering keys by the key # from Yamaha is very unreliable as the seldom work.

The only fix I am aware of is new ignition cyl which comes with 2 new keys.
You simply unbolt the old igniton cylinder, and plug in the new one.
I have included a link to all the fast moving YT-6800 parts for you.
Simply scroll down through the list and select the link for  "Main Ignition switch w/keys"

http://blog.yamahagenuineparts.com/search/label/YT6800

Please email us if you require any further assistance,
Email "info@yamahagenuineparts.com"

Regards
Speedy
www.YamahaGenuineParts.com