Parts finder?

cwahl
Hello everyone, new member here. Ive searched thru posts but cant seem to find one that may tell me the best place to possibly find parts for my yt5700??
Specifically, a new carb & air cleaner.... i can find "some parts" for the carb but not many. Not sure if thats even the problem??
Only seems to idle in the choke position, and only if it gets a shot of something like carb cleaner. Put on new hoses, new filter, but still no success????
Please help. TIA...
DW

Re: Parts finder?

DW
don't know if this will help but look at the position of the choke blade when you have the choke all the way closed. when i choke mine the blade would not go all the way closed and it was a pain to start. ran a wire and closed it manually  and it started very easy. could not figure out why it started so hard till i checked where the blade was when i put the choke lever all the way up. held it closed with the wire and it fired up good. my carb. looks like it's never been off so you might check. make sure the choke blade opens all the way when started. sometimes that choke cable gets out of adjustment and won't close all the way and won't open all the way. most of the problems with these old mowers are corrosion in the wiring system. i'm 74 and have had riders all my life but never one like my 6800. hope this helps a little.   Denny

Re: Parts finder?

YamahaGenuineParts.com

Re: Parts finder?